Monday 30 June 2008

ROLL OVER ROSES, I'M FED UP WITH FLOWERS !




































Time for a new look. As lovely as flowers are, its nice to have a change.
I filed away the existing 3d work and pink glitter gel and did the usual preparation of my nails.

STEP 1.
I apply LeChat Nobility soak off gel in lemon brite, which is actually a zingy lime green colour. Cure 2 minutes. Cleanse and buff the surface with a 180 grit file to remove any bumps.

STEP 2.
Apply clear gel and cure for 2 minutes but do not wipe.

STEP 3.
Using the thick end of my LeChat dotting tool, iIapply spots of copper gel to the surface of the nail.

STEP 4.
Using the fine, angled end of the dotter I drag the tip of the tool through the copper gel, making the colour trail up and down the nail.
Cure for 2 minutes and cleanse.

STEP 5.
I use a little clear gel as adhesive to fix some purple gems onto the nails.
Cure for 2 minutes.

STEP 6.
Now I add dots of green and purple liquid and powder acrylic from the LeChat Nail Architecture collection
STEP 7.
With the dotting tool, I mix some copper bullion beads into a little clear gel.

STEP 8.
Apply the bullion randomly around the green and purple design.
Freeze cure for 30 seconds.
Topcoat the entire nail with clear gel and cure for 2-3 minutes.
Remove the sticky residue and finish the nails with LeChat cuticle oil.